Life Chain Prayer Intentions
As we join hundreds of thousands of fellow Americans in prayer, let each of us trust wholly in our Lord and not in ourselves. Our own efforts have failed to end or to substantially reduce the abortion holocaust now afflicting our nation. May God intervene with power and mercy. May He forgive our past indifference and shallow commitment. May He equip us with a divine strategy to end the unconscionable killing of unborn children in our nation. Please try to devote a total of an hour in prayer, either at one time, or throughout the month.
Topics for Continual Prayer throughout all of October, especially, on Respect Life Sunday, October 4, 2020, when many Life Chains are taking place:
- Pray a personal prayer of repentance for past failure to actively oppose abortion and to aid its victims.
- Pray that all will have hearts and minds receptive to the truth of the pro-life cause.
- Pray for protection of unborn children and their moms.
- Pray God's grace and healing on mothers who have had abortions, and pray for the local crisis pregnancy centers and other pro-life healing support ministries.
- Pray God's sovereignty against abortionists, and pray for their eyes to be opened to their killing of children.
- Pray for Godly wisdom in our government and courts, and pray that God will strengthen and aid pro-life officials.
- Pray for love and unity among all of us, God's people, and pray that we and our fellow believers will submit to God's will for our lives, our families, and our nation.
- Pray that God will direct a profound spiritual awakening in our local community, and throughout our land.
- Ask God how you can best help end abortion in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
Used with permission of Illinois Life Chain Director, 2020